High quality standards
As part of its commitment to consistently high quality standards across the industry, the Federation of Bakers has developed an industry Code of Practice on Bread Weight Checking to help those in the food industry understand, comply and build confidence in dealing with the different aspects of bread weight control legislation.
The Guidance covers the following:
- Background to Weights & Measures Legislation
- Special Problems of the Baking Industry
- General Legal Requirements
- The Packers Rules; Terminology
- The Reference test
- Setting up a control system
- Day-to-Day Control of Production
- Automatic In-Line Checkweighing
- Procedure for the Determination and Periodic Review of the Target Loaf Weight and Doughpiece Weight
- Use of Excel Spreadsheets.
The FOB Bread Weight Checker Guidance is available to members at a cost of £30 + VAT and to non-members at £45 + VAT.
To order a copy please visit our shop.