The Federation of Bakers is to hold its Annual Conference on Wednesday, 23rd May 2018 at One Great George Street, London.
This year’s event is being held in association with headline sponsor AB Mauri and Baker Perkins, Bühler, Lesaffre, Kwik Lok and Zeelandia.
Hosted by well-known broadcast journalist and presenter, Ben Thompson, the focus will be around three key areas:
- Bakery and the Health Agenda – including PHE’s work on salt, sugar and calorie reduction; wholegrain and fortification of bakery products
- Market and Economic Update – including a look at the challenges and opportunities of Brexit for the food manufacturing industry
- Food Safety and Sustainability in the Bakery Sector – including acrylamide mitigation, dust sensitisation, food waste and single use plastics.
Ben commented, “I am delighted to be hosting The Federation of Bakers’ Annual Conference this year. The UK bakery market is worth £3.6bn a year and is one of the largest markets in the food sector and an important part of our economy. I am looking forward to exploring some of the key issues and challenges facing the sector in the year ahead.”
- Dr. Alison Tedstone – PHE
- Professor Paul Sharp – Kings College London
- Dr. Jan-Willem Van der Kamp – Healthgrain Forum
- Ian Wright – FDF
- Matthew Verity – Kantar Worldpanel UK
- Moira Howie – Waitrose
- Dr. Clive Black – Shore Capital Markets
- Peter Worsey – WRAP
- Mervin Poole – Heygates Mills
- Giles Hyder – HSE
Federation of Bakers, Director, Gordon Polson comments, “The Annual Conference is a great opportunity for the wider industry to get together and reflect on the events and developments of the last year and discuss some of the challenges that lie ahead. Once again, we are putting together a great line-up of experts from across the industry who will be able to share their invaluable knowledge and expertise.”
The event will include a networking lunch and post-conference drinks reception and is open to all.