Please note there will be no Weekly News next week.
We are now taking bookings for the FOB Annual Conference:
This year’s event is kindly sponsored by A B Mauri, Baker Perkins, Buhler, Kwik Lok, Lesaffre and Zeelandia and will be held at One Great George Street in Central London on Wednesday, 23rd May.
Our conference host this year is Media Business Correspondent, Ben Thompson and we have put together a packed programme with an exciting line up of speakers who will address and debate a wide range of important issues for the UK bakery sector including:
- Bakery and the Health Agenda – including PHE’s approach on salt, sugar and calorie reduction; a retailer’s perspective on sugar reduction; update on Healthgrain Forum activities on wholegrain; and fortification of bakery products
- Market and Economic Update – including a look at the challenges and opportunities of Brexit for the food manufacturing industry
- Food Safety and Sustainability in the Bakery Sector – including wheat breeding and acrylamide mitigation, dust sensitisation, food waste and single use plasticsWe expect an audience of up to 150 bakery and food industry executives from across the sector to attend including all of our members, industry suppliers, other trade associations, government officials and media.
- Dr. Alison Tedstone – Public Health England
- Professor Paul Sharp – Kings College London
- Moira Howie – Waitrose
- Professor Jan Willem van der Kamp – Healthgrain Forum
- Matthew Verity – Kantar Worldpanel
- Dr. Clive Black – Shore Capital Markets
- Ian Wright – Food & Drink Federation
- George Mason – Heygates Mills
- Giles Hyder – HSE
Further speakers and programme details will be confirmed shortly.
The event will include a networking buffet lunch and post conference drinks reception offering plenty of opportunity to network with industry colleagues.To register for the event please use the online bookings link in this email or on the FOB website events booking page
Where: One Great George Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA
Price: FOB Member £150. Non-Member £190. All prices exclude VAT. We are offering an early bird booking rate of 10% off all bookings until the 31st March. Please book early to reserve your place at this discounted rate.
When: Wednesday, 23rd May 09:30 – 15:30